Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

WINTER COLOUR




The light is turning. I potter out. It feels more like autumn than winter. It's not crisp - it's dull. But there is colour.


The cultivated primroses have had most of their petals nibbled but the middle of a flower is always interesting.


The cotoneaster berries have been falling and falling. There are few left now and the leaves aren't specially interesting - except for an odd, special one which stands out from right the other side of the garden.



The swiss chard has been munched for months but its colours stay vibrant.



And nestled under fallen bay leaves - a baycorn.



All pictures for this post were taken today - February 19th 2012.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your series depicting winter colours. Both the vibrancy and the monochomatic hues (?) are wonderful to look at.

Bom said...

I like your series depicting winter colours. Both the vibrancy and the monochomatic hues (?) are wonderful to look at.

(sorry, clicked on publish a bit early)

Janet/Plantaliscious said...

My baby bay tree from your baycorn is still thriving, though it will be an age before I get to find baycorns of mt own. No sign of flowers, munched or unmunched, on my primroses yet. The grey sky makes me feel tired.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...